Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Banana Caramel Blueberry Smoothie

When my husband and I come back from the markets, I get into a chopping frenzy. It's much cheaper to buy in bulk, and since Lent started, we have been making smoothies more frequent as meals. So the fruit has been rolling into the house in large quantities. I find that it's all a little difficult to use before it goes bad, so I chop up most of the bananas, strawberries and what ever other fruit we have, and freeze them in zip lock plastic sandwich bags. These are amazing for whipping up smoothies, and you don't have to add any ice because its already super chilled. I made a naughty addiction to this one with a dollop of caramel sauce, but its just as lovely without, and healthier! Enjoy!




BANANA CARAMEL BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE

2 bananas, chopped and frozen
1/4 cup blueberries, frozen
1/4 cup caramel sauce (like the type used on ice cream)
1 1/2 cups milk

Add all ingredients to the blender and pulse. Add milk as desired for thickness of your choice. Serve in tall glasses and drink immediately.

Serves 2

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks yummy. I do like a good smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the banana and blueberries are stacked full of vitamins and antioxidants too...not sure if the caramel cancels out the goodness though! it can easily be left out of the drink. thanks for visiting Cindy!

      Delete
  2. Oh just the colour has won me over. I want some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That looks amazing! I shall try it.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some sugar, Sugar...