Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pink Strawberry Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries

Sadly this post comes with a warning. I made a trip to the dentist yesterday and it seems I am to pay for my sweet addiction with a possible root canal. I'm sure its been coming for several years now but it reminded me of how much sugar my body processes every year. Sweets. They rule my life. Yet the cost is far greater than just that of the ingredients.
No but really, don't expect a decrease in the number of recipes being posted on this blog. Although I am shirking sugar for a while until I cease to feel guilty about that tooth, the baking continues...just not for me.
But that's really what I'm about anyway. My satisfaction in cooking comes almost entirely by giving other people the pleasure of devouring it. Of course the cooking, photography and blogging is pretty awesome too. But cooking for the people I love, just tops it right off.
So here's a little bit of decadence, a great centre piece for table when guests are over, and an elegant end to a meal. Strawberry chocolate fondue with strawberries, cake, or any other delightful nibble you want to add to the skewer!




STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE FONDUE WITH STRAWBERRY SKEWERS

3/4 cup cream
12 oz white chocolate buttons
2-3 tbsp strawberry liqueur
1 drop red food colouring

Heat cream on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes until hot. Add the chocolate, and stir continuously until melted. Remove from heat. Add the food colouring and flavouring. Serve over tea-light flame with fresh strawberry skewers.

Serves 6 or more






No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me some sugar, Sugar...