Monday, January 16, 2012

Curry Veggie Burgers

Are you vegetarian or carnivore? When I was a kid I was neither, I simply hated eating anything. Spinach was hidden on a little ledge under the dinner table, as were peas and the likes. Crackers were the only thing to be desired.Hence a skinny little runt I was. Determined not to let my own children get away with the same sneaky tricks I did, my husband and I selected a large wooden meal table without any secret ledges underneath. Ever since, I have been fossicking around for ways to incorporate good greens and beans in foods the kids will eat without fuss.
Hello delicious veggie burger!
Are you over fish and chips on Fridays as much as we are? Then mix it up a bit with these super healthy, delicious, goodness filled veggie burgers, adapted from taste.com.



CURRY VEGGIE BURGERS

1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. crushed garlic
1 zucchini, grated
1 small carrot, grated
3 stalks silver-beet, white removed, leaves chopped finely
3 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed, shredded
200g canned chickpeas, drained
1 heaped tbsp mild curry paste (we used Tikka Masala paste)
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. coriander
1 cup wholemeal breadcrumbs
oil for frying

Fry the onion for five minutes on a low heat until softened. Add the garlic, silverbeet zucchini and carrot and cook for 3 minutes until wilted and softened. Drain off any liquid that is left in the pan.
Place chickpeas and shredded bread in a food processor and pulse to combine and break down the contents. Add the vegetables and curry paste, egg yolk and coriander. Process until well combined.
Form the mixture into rough patties, coating each side in breadcrumbs. Lay on a tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes before frying until golden brown.

    1 comment:

    1. Hi there. The current Food on Friday is all about curry! So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.

      ReplyDelete

    Give me some sugar, Sugar...